Saturday, July 5, 2008
week 5 chapter 11: mindful
Mindful is defined as "a mental and relational activity that is both purposeful and strategic." I can relate this concept to my previous job. At my last employer we had something called "carefrontation." When someone had an issue with another person instead of confronting them they would carefront them. This was a way to sit down and have a discussion with the person but not let the discussion become an argument. Showing the person that you are trying to help them and this conversation is benefitting them rather than pointing out flaws ussually was successful. Before I did this I would have to be mindful and plan out the situation so it did not blow up in my face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Man I wish we had this "carefrontation" thing at my work. Fortunately for me it's not anyone that I actually work with who I'd need to "carefront," but rather the owner himself. I don't think this would go over well with him at all though, haha. I do think the idea behind that concept is an awesome one and I definitely think that it could be a benefit to those organizations that choose to employ it.
Post a Comment