Friday, July 4, 2008

week 5 chapter 10: strategic thinking

Strategic thinking is making a concious choice about organizational values, niche, and direction. This definition is based on a professional level. In the book it talks about using strategic thinking to get ahead and meet the terms of employee morality and loyalty. This example is based on a work setting but strategic thinking can be used for other situations as well. If I use startegic thinking to help me make my school schedule than I can try to graduate early by taking the right amount of classes each semester. Also strategic thinking can be used when planning financed for the household. Wise spending will allow all the bills to get paid and not be passed due. I used strategi thinking at my old job through out the work week. Each day I would plan it out so all of my work would get done and it would not fall into the following week.

No comments: